Friday 18 January 2013

X-Accessory, you’re my best accessory


X-Accessory, you’re my best accessory - Manila Luzon

Manila Luzon is one of my very favourite drag queens and it was a necessity to include a lyric.  This look is dedicated to Alexander McQueen hence the McQueen ring and necklace.  To anyone apart from myself, the link between a drag queen and McQueen seem a little far stretched but there is method to this madness.  I remember when the MET opened the Savage Beauty exhibition in New York, I sound like I was there but alas I wasn't.  I did my usual twitter feed one day to check what was new and saw Sahara Davenport was tweeting from the queue of the exhibition with Manila Luzon.  Being a massive fan of Rupauls drag race I tweeted her back, and sure enough she replied.  We had a twitter conversation which is about 4 separate tweets and I was just happy that they got to see Savage Beauty and be there.  Sahara and Manila were in a relationship at the time and a few months ago Sahara suddenly passed away.  This song was created before this and for me it's changed this song from something about material possessions, to something about the one you love, and that they are you best accessory.

Tags: silver makeup look, b/w makeup, skull makeup, robot makeup, alien makeup

Makeup products used:
Illamasqua pure pigment in breath
Illamasqua liquid metal in phenomena
Illamasqua liquid eye-liner in scribe
MAC powder eyeshadow in ambience
MAC skin base visage primer
Makeup forever HD foundation in N117
Snazaroo black face paint

No comments:

Post a Comment