Sunday 1 September 2013

Alien Inspired Makeup Look


Alien (1979)

Today is the start of 20 makeup looks themed on 20 films, and kick starting these images is Alien!

Everyone has their own memory of Alien, some have seen the whole film, others might have just seen the clip of the Alien bursting out of John Hurts stomach.  Nice eh?  Little did John know that over 30 years later he would actually be an Alien, (Doctor who is technically an Alien right?).  So I thought these posts can talk about a mixture of topics such as film facts, the makeup process and whatever I feel is relevant to each post!
I have always combined music and makeup together as music is one of my biggest passions and I have wanted to theme looks around films for some time.  I'm such a movie geek, along with everything else of course, but movies are on the same level as music videos, it's the visuals and sound which turn it into a visual masterpiece and it creates this deeply emotional environment.  I'm the sort of movie watcher who needs a pitch black room and complete silence, and preferably a large screen to get even more submersed in the 2D image your watching.  I haven't actually seen Alien, of course I've seen the stomach scene, but I've also seen the end.  I took media studies in college and we had to analysis the end scene of Alien.  My teacher was very passionate about the film, in fact all the films we had seen and although he knew what she was escaping from, all we saw was Sigourney Weaver trying to escape from a spaceship for no reason at all.  And yes I know she was trying to escape from the Alien, but to this day I still don't know where in space they were, how many crew she had, or how the Alien got onto the ship.  I guess I watched a PG version of the film as it just didn't feel very scary at all.  I guess if you take something out of it's context it doesn't, for example putting the alien in the middle of care bear land, and the only question people would be asking there would be which is scarier.

Tags: alien makeup look, ridley scott makeup, space alien makeup, alien special effects makeup, space creature makeup, sci fi makeup, skeleton makeup, skeleton alien makeup

Makeup products used: 
MAKEUP FOREVER HD FOUNDATION IN N117
ILLAMASQUA POWDER EYE SHADOW IN VICTIM 
MUA EYE SHADOW IN 9 (MATTE PURPLE)
ILLAMASQUA PURE PIGMENT IN BREATH
CLAIRES GLITTER COAT 
MUA POPTASTIC EYE SHADOW PALETTE
SNAZAROO BLACK 
SNAZAROO ELECTRIC BLUE
SNAZAROO WHITE 
SNAZAROO ELECTRIC PURPLE
OPI DS TEMPTATION  
OPI OGRE THE TOP BLUE    
ANDREA FULERTON DOT AND FLICK BLACK NAIL ART

No comments:

Post a Comment