Friday 13 September 2013

Ghostbusters Inspired Makeup Look



Ghostbusters (1984)

Who ya gonna call?.  Ok lets not break into song... First there was Ghostbusters, then Ghostbusters 2, and now rumours are that we will soon turn these films into a trilogy with a third film! Are you excited? Do you care? To be honest I can't remember seeing Ghostbusters all the way through, in fact I really have no idea what the films is about, and when I say that I mean the storyline, i'm not that blonde!  This makeup look was initially inspired by another film and while I was shooting I thought, this just isn't working out how I wanted it.  I then thought about the different elements I had used and decided the best way to go forward was to cover myself in green paint and hope for the best.  Hope away I did, and I turned the makeup look into more of a living art piece.  I thought oh god now I need to decide which film this can be, I looked at the green slime, I looked at the lighting marks on my face and then the light went off in my head.

I think sometimes in life you start off expecting something, or how somethings going to work out.  In this instance it didn't, but it didn't stop me from going down another path.  Sometimes you just need to pick yourself up again and work out all the other routes you can take and act on it, take that leap of faith because the chances are you won't have much a fall if that other route doesn't work out either.  This leap of faith paid off for me, and I've ended up with a really successful image.  Sometimes things work out, other times then don't, but your never find out until you take that chance.

Tags: ghost makeup, ghostbusters fancy dress, ghostbusters makeup, slime makeup, evil ghost makeup, green paint makeup, ghost fancy dress, ghostbusters cosplay

Makeup products used:
SNAZAROO WHITE
ELC READY MIX PAINT (GREEN)
ILLAMASQUA FALSE EYE LASHES
MAC STUDIO FIX IN NC25
SNAZAROO ELECTRIC PURPE
KROYLAN SPIRIT GUM
KROYLAN EYE BROW PLASTIC 
SNAZAROO WAX
KAT VON D LOCK IT TATTOO CONCEALER LIGHT 18
MAX FACTOR PAN STIK IN NOUVEAU BEIGE 13
OPI DS TEMPTATION 
OPI WHITE SHATTER
88 ORIGINAL PALETTE COASTAL SCENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment