Tuesday 10 September 2013

Order of the Phoenix Inspired Makeup Look


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

I would say this was one of my favourite Harry Potter films, there was just so much going on!  The book however was a complete nightmare.  I loved reading the books because it was in Hogwarts and it followed Harry, Hermione and Ron during their time there, and I guess I could relate more to this because I was in school, and so were they, and life was all good.  Until this book came along.  It just went on and on and I got up to about the 4th chapter and they still wen't in Hogwarts?!  I got so bored and I wasn't interested in all the other stuff going on so I stopped reading.  Months and months went by until I thought i'm going to give it another go.  I couldn't put the book down, and as soon as I finished I read the next one in about 2 days, and the other in another 2 days.  That whole week was Harry Potter mad for me and I was totally submerged in the books.  My whole family were thinking what is going on, because I like to read it the most random positions ever.  My favourite place is probably the stairs, but I also love reading upside down, is that strange?!  Maybe that way the information goes into my brain quicker? Or I'm a complete loon and need medical attention.

I have always loved the idea of a Phoenix rising from flames, and I loved the way the Phoenix was portrayed in the film, of it reaching a certain age, turning to ash, then being reborn.  This is something I can really relate to.  I often go through stages of feeling quite destructive and when it reaches a certain point I try and reinvent myself for my own sake and sanity.  I guess this is how Vanity Nightmare at the Movies was born!

Tags: harry potter makeup, phoenix makeup, bird makeup, fire makeup, flame makeup, mythology makeup, mythology creatures makeup



Makeup products used:
SNAZAROO BRIGHT RED
SNAZAROO BRIGHT YELLOW
SNAZAROO WHITE
SNAZAROO ORANGE
MAC REFLECTS GLITTER IN REFLECTS BRONZE (WONDER WOMAN COLLECTION) 
MAC MIXING MEDIUM
ILLAMASQUA PRECISION INK IN SCRIBE (WHITE)
ILLAMASQUA FALSE EYE LASHES
88 ORIGINAL PALETTE COASTAL SCENTS
MUA POPTASTIC EYE SHADOW PALETTE

No comments:

Post a Comment