Monday 7 October 2013

Finding Dory Inspired Makeup Look



Finding Dory (2015)

I've actually posted this makeup look once before, click HERE to see it!  The initial look was done quite quickly and it was only made in development for my FMP I was creating based on a a new collection for Illamasqua.  The makeup was directly inspired by images of fish I looked at and I combined different elements together to create one fish inspired look!  I was initially going to theme this post on Finding Nemo but I changed my mind since when someone says this the first colour I think of is orange and not blue.  When someone says Finding Dory then I'm like bingo, blue.  Finding Dory doesn't come out till 2015, which makes this post my most advanced makeup look.  I had no idea Ellen DeGeneres voiced Dory, I was so confused when I saw an interview with her and I was thinking wait isn't she meant to be interviewing them?  I've just realised it looks like I've gone over the lines with the white in this makeup look.  That's the downside of using a flash because that white is actually glitter and in natural light it reflects the makeup making it look slightly 3D.  Ah well!

I've used an Illamasqua nail varnish for this look as I'm totally obsessed by the colour and the black glitter spots that make it look like egg shell.  This nail varnish then inspired my backdrop and I used my fingers to create an ocean and tried to convey a mix of waves and coral with sunlight beaming down from above.  I think it worked quite well!
Finding Nemo was such an amazing film and I can just imagine Finding Dory being a colourful masterpiece.  I'm guessing the film will be in 3D and I can imagine it really submersing you into the film, and experience that will be so magical for younger children.  It may even be magical for adults too, after all, Pixar know what they are doing!  I watched a documentary about Pixar last year, It was so interesting and very honest and if that sort of thing interests you then do some goggle research and hunt down that programme!

Tags: finding dory makeup, dory makeup, fish makeup, ocean makeup, sealife makeup, sea creature makeup, finding nemo makeup, disney pixar makeup, pixar makeup.

Makeup products used:


SNAZAROO ELECTRIC BLUE
SNAZAROO WHITE
MAC STUDIO FIX IN NC25
STARGAZER BLUE GLITTER SHAKER
FUDGE GLITTER BLAST SILVER
88 ORIGINAL PALETTE COASTAL SCENTS 
ILLAMASQUA FRAGILE
MAC CARBON EYE SHADOW
MAC POWDER EYE SHADOW IN WHITE JEANIUS
MAC FACE AND BODY IN A13 WHITE
PRIMARK CLEAR GLITTER LIP GLOSS
PRIMARK BLUE GLITTER LIQUID EYE LINER 
ILLAMASQUA PURE PIGMENT IN BREATH
ILLAMASQUA PRECISION INK IN SCRIBE (WHITE)

No comments:

Post a Comment